The staff and management of Southeast Massachusetts Comprehensive Treatment Centers are committed to providing a smooth and efficient intake experience to all who choose to heal with us.
At each of our four locations, we place great emphasis on providing you with a stress-free entry into treatment. A key component of this effort is ensuring that you have all of the information that you need to prepare for intake prior to arriving at the center where you will receive treatment.
Please carefully review the criteria and processes that are described below.
First, we need to make sure that you are eligible to be treated at one of our centers. To enroll at Southeast Massachusetts Comprehensive Treatment Centers, you must meet all three of the following requirements:
- Age 18 or older
- Dependent upon opioids for at least one year
- In a state of withdrawal for at least 20 hours (unless pregnant)
Individuals who meet the above criteria will then be scheduled for an intake appointment. You should plan to be at the center for two to four hours on the day of your intake appointment, and you must bring the following with you:
- Valid photo identification. We will accept a state-issued ID card, a Driver’s license, or a passport.
- If you intend to use your insurance benefit to pay for treatment, you must present proof of insurance.
- You must pay your intake fees during this appointment. We are able to accept cash, money orders, and credit cards issued in the payer’s name. We will not accept a personal check or payment via phone. Please note that even if you intend to use insurance to pay for treatment, you are are still required to pay your intake fees during this initial appointment.
- If you are transferring from another program, you must have all records from your prior program sent to the center where you will be receiving treatment.
The following will occur during your intake appointment:
- You will complete paperwork to provide information about your treatment history, psychiatric history, medical history, and related issues.
- You will complete a biopsychosocial assessment.
- You will complete a physical exam with one of our doctors.
- You will provide a urine sample for drug screening.
- You will take a TB test, unless you can provide proof of having taken one within the previous two years.
- If you are female, you will take a pregnancy test.
Finally, please note that we cannot guarantee that you will receive medication on the same day that you complete your intake. All medication decisions are made on a case-by-case basis.
To learn more about Southeast Massachusetts Comprehensive Treatment Centers, please contact us at your convenience. We look forward to helping you take your first steps toward a healthier and happier future.